There are many reasons we are lucky to live in such a thriving area. The shopping is great, the neighborhoods splendid, the arts district is thriving and the dining is equal to none. We also have
something else that many of our neighboring cities do not – Food Trucks! Food Trucks have been popular in major metropolitan areas such as New York, LA and Miami for quite some time now and while we may not have as many roaming restaurants as they do, we’re definitely seeing more of them come on the scene.
If you’ve never taken the time to experience the offerings of a Food Truck, I highly encourage you to seek one out. This is an opportunity to try first-rate creations by some of the most creative chefs our city has to offer. If you’re lucky and can find a spot where several are, you can roam from truck to truck trying a variety of different menus and offerings. However – since they are mobile, you have to know how to track them down as they are rarely in the same place day after day.
So how do you track them down? My best suggestion is that if you’re not on Twitter and you are a fan of Food Trucks, now would be a great time to set up an account. I have compiled a list of most of the ones in the Charlotte area and while most of them have websites, not all of them do. The one thing that they DO all have is a Twitter account and this is the primary way that they will let their customers know where they’re going to be that day and when. If you’re already on Twitter, make sure you follow each of them and then I recommend that you create a “Food Truck” list so that you can easily keep track of them! You can also follow @CLTFoodTrucks which tries to keep up with them all and let diners know of locations. Small price to pay for such amazing goodness.
Here is a list to get you started on being a Food Truck fanatic!
- Roaming Fork – @roamingforknc http://www.roamingfork.net/ Offerings such as blackened fish tacos and the Ooey Gooey Grilled Cheese with pulled pork barbecue
- SouthernCakeQueen – @SouthernCake http://www.southerncakequeen.com/ “Charlotte’s first mobile cupcakery.” They also offer brownies, cookies and more
- AutoBurger & Fry Guys – @AutoBurger Gourmet burger truck
- Turkey And – @TurkeyAnd – http://roaminghunger.com/turkey-and Specializing in Turkey dishes
- The Tin Kitchen – @TheTinKitchen http://www.thetinkitchen.com/ Freestyle gourmet food truck that serves unique and creative dishes – primarily in the form of tacos.
- The Herban Legend – @Herban_Legand http://www.theherbanlegend.com/ specializing in American and International street food
- Wingzza Truck – @WingzaaTruck http://wingzzatruck.com/ Wings and Pizza!
- Napolitanos Food Truck – @NapolitanosMkt http://www.napolitanositalianmarket.com/ Sandwiches, Paninis and other italian fare
- Sticks and Cones – @SticksAndCones http://www.sticksandconesicecream.com/ An adults ice-cream truck dream! You have options for traditional ice cream confections (sticks) to hand scooped desserts (cones).
- Papi Queso Truck – @PapiQuesoTruck https://www.facebook.com/PapiQuesoTruck Gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches
- Gourmet Goombags – @GGombahs – Everything from sandwiches to pasta to pizza
- Cupcake Delirium @onthegocupcake http://cupcakedelirium.vpweb.com/default.html https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cupcake-Delirium/130120833673485 “Baby Blue Hotline” 704-497-0218
- Maki Taco Pan @MakiTacoTruck – Featuring Asian Cuisine
I’m sure this is not a complete list of all the trucks roaming around the area. If you have a favorite that should be added to the list, let me know!