What’s not to love about this time of the year? The air is turning crisper, the leaves are on the brink of bringing us that beautiful, NC Fall look and the smells
are warm and inviting! Now is the perfect time to start changing your bright, summer decorations over to the warm and inviting looks of the Fall.
Fall decorations can be found all around your home and especially in your own yard!
- Fabric instantly adds warmth to any room, so pull out throw blankets that were put away for the summer, and layer them on couches, chairs, and so on. Layer fabric on dining room tables by adding decorative table runners on top of solid colored tablecloths.
- Beaded fruit looks beautiful when used as a simple display. Use it with real pumpkins or other gourds, or alone. Again, you can add beaded fruit to fireplace mantels, in decorative baskets, inside deep autumn colored dishes, or even in glass candle jars. You can find beaded fruit virtually everywhere, and it is a very easy fall decorating idea that anyone can use.
- Mums look great indoors, and they add a great decorative touch in the room. Place mums in wicker baskets and add them in front of the fireplace, on mantels, or beside end tables. Be sure to select mums in autumn colors, such as rust, yellow, and amber. When you’re looking for the perfect mum, resist the urge to buy ones that already have blooms on them. Instead, look for the ones that are still closed – you’ll get much more time out of them.
- Don’t underestimate the power of scented candles! I love shopping for the warmer scents that can make your home smell like you are baking for Thanksgiving! Whether you use plain candles in a decorative setting, or use decorative candles in a plain setting, you’ll add a welcoming glow to your home and infuse the air with heavenly autumn scents.
- Nothing says fall like pumpkins and gourds. Buy several mini pumpkins and small gourds, and use them as colorful centerpieces. Group them together in wooden baskets, or even hollow out the center of a few and use them as unique candle holders. If you’re hosting a party, buy a large one, hollow it out and fill it with ice for a perfect fall “cooler”!
- Cinnamon scented pine cones put the scent of fall in the air, and look attractive as fall decor. Put them in baskets by the fireplace, scatter them in random patterns on entertainment centers or mantels, or arrange them in a cluster with tall candles lit to gently illuminate.
- Find a festive autumn wreath and place it on an end table or on the dining room table. Add one large candle inside a glass candle jar to the middle of the autumn wreath. For added oomph, you can accent it with mini pumpkins to create an instant table centerpiece.