Summer is still here according to the calendar but if you look around, you know that Fall is knocking on our doorstep and nothing makes that more obvious than football games. Whether it’s college football or NFL, we are fortunate to have both in the state of NC and this Sunday is the opening game for the Carolina Panthers.
But unless you live in a college apartment, decorating in team colors is probably not something most people (or wives) want to do. So what’s a football fan to do?
Bring on the man cave! Whether you have a full basement or bonus room dedicated to your man cave or the bedroom off the top of the stairs, your man cave can be as elaborate or as simple as you’d like it to be. But what should a good man cave include? Here are my suggestions for the five things that every man cave should have!
- TV – Okay, it’s obvious but how can one retreat to the man cave and not have a TV to watch the games on? While you’re at it… why not have two? A big 52″ screen to watch all the games on and then a smaller one so that you can play games on your….
- Game Console! – What else do you do with your time during commercials? Because if you have a properly laid out man cave you don’t have to go anywhere to get snacks because the other thing every man cave has is…
- Refreshments! – Whether it’s a fully stocked bar complete with bar stools, a kegerator or just a mini fridge full of the best microbrews in the area, no man cave should ever be without good food and drink
- Team Gear – Whether it’s in the form of team logoed furniture or autographed pieces of memorabilia, every man cave needs to look the part. Even if you want it to be high-class, there’s swag for you!
- Recreation – What happens when the game is done or it’s just a game on Sunday you don’t want to watch? It’s time to rack ’em and play some pool or diddle for the middle and play darts! The ultimate to me is a classic pinball machine!
So here’s to a new season of football! Even if your team doesn’t win, you can cheer them on in style!
Lara Taylor – Realtor/Broker
Twitter – @AskForLara